Friday, February 9, 2018

ECSE 340 RB 5

So this week Brynn and I did our first home visit. It went really well and we are so excited to start our intervention lessons. We administered the Ages and Stages assessment to our infant and go pretty high scores for all the domains. Because of this, we have to go back and give her the next age up in the assessment to figure out where she is low so we can base our intervention plans off of that. This was definitely something that I learned this week. It makes sense though, because if we could start early on intervention that will help in the future, then the infant and parents will be greatly benefited and much better off.

An additional question that I have is about the baseline visit. I am still a little confused at what that means and how that goes, but I guess we will figure it out. I don't understand how that is different from our first visit if we have to give her another assessment.


Weekly Quote:

"Goals have to be measurable, specific, and observable".

No comments:

Post a Comment