Saturday, January 13, 2018

ECSE 421 Week 1 Reflection

This week we have talked about FERPA and HIPAA. I knew what these topics were before this class due to taking Assessments last semester. From this class, I also learned how to work with a family in assessing their child and writing a diagnostic report. Through writing reports, I learned how to make recommendations based on data collected to help students with special needs succeed in their education. This included recommendations for the parents, the school, and the professionals. Therefore, I learned a little bit about what each can specifically do for the child.

However, I would like to know more about the community and what the community can do, which I am assuming would include resources available and such. Some other questions I have and things I want to know are how families can deal with a child with a disability. I know that it can be hard to deal with, and I would like to know what families can do to make their home the best learning environment for their children with and without disabilities. 

No comments:

Post a Comment