Thursday, June 9, 2016

INCLUDE

All this week, the main point has been including students. All students have the right to be included. What does include really mean?

Identify classroom demands

Note student learning strengths and needs

Check for potential areas of student access

Look for potential problem areas

Use information to brainstorm ways to differentiate instruction

Differentiate instruction

Evaluate student progress

Why do we include students? We include students because we are all God's children and all children should feel loved and accepted. When children feel loved and accepted they are most likely to achieve and be successful in school and socially as well. I know in my own life growing up, when I did not feel that love and acceptance from parents or teachers, I didn't want to continue my homework or whatever I was doing. I would become angry or shameful and didn't have the desire to succeed. But when students know they are accepted for doing their best, they will keep trying.


No comments:

Post a Comment